Macro Synthetic Fiber
TUF-STRAND SF is a patented polypropylene/polyethylene macro synthetic fiber that has effectively replaced steel fiber, welded wire mesh, and traditional reinforcing bars in a number of applications. TUF-STRAND SF fibers meet ASTM C1116, Standard Specification for Fiber Reinforced Concrete and Shotcrete, and are engineered to give equal tensile and bending resistance to traditional reinforcement requirements.
- Slab on Grade and elevated construction (distribution centers, warehouses, etc.)
- Thin walled pre-cast (septic tanks, vaults, walls, etc.)
- Shotcrete for tunnel linings, pool construction and slope stabilization
- Pavements and white-toppings
- Residential Walls
Features and Benefits
- Engineering calculations gave equivalent strengths to WWM and rebar.
- Reduces segregation and bleed-water by controlling and mitigating plastic shrinkage cracking.
- Protects against micro and macro-cracking by providing three-dimensional reinforcement.