VANDEX EXPASEAL W is a reversible swelling thermoplastic elastomer that is made up of a hydrophilic acrylate-based swelling component incorporated in a butylene copolymer-based thermoplastic elastomer. VANDEX EXPASEAL W swells up to 900 percent in volume when exposed to water. The swelling effect causes VANDEX EXPASEAL W to swell in the joints, occupying all voids and stopping the flow of water.
Construction joints and pipe inlets in concrete structures subjected to permanent or temporary hydrostatic pressure are waterproofed with VANDEX EXPASEAL W.
Features & Benefits :
- Expanding waterstop for construction joints
- Highly flexible, easy application
- Resistant to water pressure up to 2.0 bar
- Also suitable for zones with tidal water movement
- Suitable for contact with sea water
- Temporary swelling protection in case of premature water contact
- Swelling process is reversible